Countdown to Catching Fire!

Monday, June 25, 2012

Ok so I am hearing floating rumors

On IMBd there are several news stories about casting for Johanna Mason, the sarcastic, mean, tribute from District Seven, who Katniss tangles with throughout Catching Fire and Mockingjay. There are two actresses really standing out among the rest of the rumors. These are Mia Wasikowska, who plays Alice in Alice and Wonderland, and Zoe Aggeliki who is really an unknown. Of these two I really like Mia Wasikowska, although I really think that Kristen Bell would maybe make a good Johanna too. Plutarch Heavensbee will be played by Phillip Seymour Hoffman from MI3 and Moneyball neither of which was he a top star in. Finnick has three likelies but it could still go to anyone. These are Armie Hammer, the prince from Mirror Mirror, Garret Hedlund the lead from Tron: Legacy, and Taylor Kitsch from John Carter. My favorite of these is Garrett Hedlund.This is the first time I have seen Effie and Haymitch guaranteed to be played by their previous actors and Toby Jones will continue as Claudius Templesmith. For those of you who are distopia lover's who have also read Divergent (me) that is in pre-production. Peeta, Katniss, and Gale will, of course, be portrayed by their former actors as well. That's really all I have for today. Thank you guys for reading. I love you all!
-Shorty
Here are pics of the possibles with their names at the top. This is Mia.

Here is Zoe.
 
 Kristen Bell

This one is of Plutarch, or Phillip Seymour Hoffman.

Here is Armie


This is Garrett

and here is Taylor


8 comments:

  1. I like Garrett for Finnick, but I don't think any of them really fit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would rather for them to use an unknown for Finnick especially. He is going to be very hard to cast

      Delete
  2. Sorry to burst in with my illiteracy of Hunger Games, but who is Finnick?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finnick is a character from CF...he's supposed to be totally hot and he has to be slightly creepy. At least to begin with. You DID read the books right? If not they are totally worth reading.

      Delete
  3. Um... I sorta did.. I've read Hunger Games and started Catching Fire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You HAVE to read Mockingjay...how did you not read Mockingjay? I would've died...

      Delete
  4. I'm going to, I'm going to... maybe. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should...if you haven't by the time school starts I will bring my copy and have you read it

      Delete